Meaning in Psalm 118
Alfred D. Byrd
TODAY is a day that comes from God.
Be glad because our God is with us.
Praises are due to One Whose goodness,
Coming as mercy, will last forever.
Children of promise who keep what's taught,
The priests who load an altar with gifts,
And all who greet their Maker with awe
Should say, "The love of our God goes on."
It's better to put your faith in God
Than to go to humans for help that fails.
It's better to put your trust in God
Than to look to rulers who rise and fall.
The works of God bedazzle our sight;
It's God Who gives us blessings of hope.
NOT LONG ago, I wandered from God
And did whatever my heart desired.
I entered the world and found no friend,
But a force that tried to wreck my life.
I fell to troubles from all around;
I thought, I've disturbed a hive of bees
That sting a fool whose judgment was bad.
What was worst of all, I'd grieved my God.
I had no claim to love from the Throne.
My God, however, replied with love
Correcting my faults to cleanse my life.
From God, Whose goodness goes past all bounds,
I gained the strength to confront my foes,
Who withered like straw within a fire.
I lived, although the world had said, "Die!"
I'LL TELL the world the blessings of God.
With God at one's side, who needs to fear?
It's time to rejoice in life from God.
It's time for us to seek the temple,
Festival's setting, to see the King.
Let's leave our homes and walk to the heights
On which our God comes down to meet us.
Many are walking beside us to form
A parade in praise of One Who comes
With blessings to make the world anew.
A stone cast out by builders gone blind
Secures foundations both straight and strong.
A life from God upon the altar
Frees us from guilt and makes us able,
Bearing the Spirit, to do what's right.
The light of the world has come from God.
Let's praise the Name of the One Who's come
With blessings for all who seek the heights.
Give thanks to God because of goodness
Given as mercy that has no end.
If you're confused or overwhelmed with debates on the early Church, here are some clear, basic facts about it.
Trinity, Canon, and Constantine: Clear Light on the Early Church
This was perfect, I was awaken from what felt like an evil spirit provoking me and that's when "psalm one eighteen" whispered to me!
ReplyDelete